Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    atnak
    Participant

For years I’ve longed to find for a suitable Windows replacement for BBEdit–a text editor that, along with the Monaco font, I took for granted on the Macintosh but was one of the things that I so sorely missed after changing to Windows. Then one day, after logging in at the University computer labs, I find that someone had taken it upon themselves to install this “EmEditor” program on the shared machine. The rest, as they say, is history.

The things I like about EmEditor are: the visual simplicity (for the *nix aware, read ‘pico’ simplicity); the under-the-hood power and feature set, and the it-just-works craftsmanship.

The codepage support speaks of a developer that has experience cross-language-platform development and knows the hassles of using narrow-minded software that lacks such support. This for me is a big plus.

Although the choice in text editors depends heavily on a person’s taste, for me at least, no system would be complete without an installation of EmEditor. I have no hesitations recommending this brilliant piece of software to anyone who asks ..and sometimes even to those who don’t.

birdfish

Heh, perhaps I was the one who left if for you =) I often do such things. Schools are so lacking in quality software these days.

I second your testimonial. EmEditor is perhaps my favorite software residing on a Windows machine. Highly Recommended!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.