New features for both EmEditor Professional and EmEditor Standard
Existing dialog boxes with new options
Other new features
- You can cancel during the Find in
- You can use multi-byte characters using regular expressions for the
Find in Files command.
- Searching using a regular expression has become faster.
- Optimized how EmEditor searches other windows, and launching EmEditor has
- Added a Help button to each
- Enhanced the Help with more details including Command Reference
and Frequently Asked Questions.
- In Windows 2000/XP/2003, not only the core and some dialog boxes, but all
dialog boxes support Unicode.
- Added the /? switch to the
Command Line Options.
- By default, an inserted string can be undone with only one
Undo command. This behavior can be
restored to the previous behavior by clearing the
Undo Character by Character (need to restart EmEditor)
on the Advanced tab of
the Customize dialog box.
- Eliminated the Read Me file (emeditor.txt) and incorporated all the
information into help.
- Added the new plug-in messages
expanded the existing messages
with new functions.
- Prompt, Auto-Reload, or Keep Locked options in the
by Another Program drop-down list box allows the read-only status of
EmEditor changed when the read-only attribute of the file is changed.
Send feedback on this topic to Emurasoft