Powerful Tab Features
Enhanced tab features are stable since all windows run in a single window in a single process unlike previous versions which only combine windows.
- Tab or Button style can be selected.
- Close button (×) on the right-side of the tab can be clicked to close the active document.
- Window-grouping is supported, and any tab item can be dragged-and-dropped into another group to join or to create a new group.
- Tab icons and the button width can be customized.
- The command to run when double-clicking the tab or clicking the tab by the middle mouse button can be customized.
- The mouse wheel rotation activates another document.
- The context menu on the tab can be customized.
- The New tab insert position, Which tab should be activated when a tab is closed, and the Window to open a new document with can be customized.
- The tab can be arranged by file names, types, modified times or the recently activated order. The Auto arrange can also be specified.
- The tab can be extended to multiple rows or the width can be automatically adjusted when it doesn't fit in the window.
(New feature in EmEditor Professional Version 5)