June 30, 2010
New General Features
- Compare and Synchronize Scrolling features were added.
- Spelling features were added.
- Vertical selection of zero width at the right of end of lines will cause the selection move to end of each line in the selection. Then typing will insert text at end of each line (even if line lengths are not the same).
- The new Numbering command allows you to insert sequential numbers or characters at the cursor position or vertical selection.
- The CSV mode now allows you to include new lines in a cell. Embedded returns are displayed as M (CR) and/or J (LF) in the reversed background color when the Show Control Characters check box is checked in the
Marks tab of configuration properties.
- The context menu displayed by right-clicking on a folder in Windows Explorer now includes the new Find in Files with EmEditor command.
- The auto recovery feature now opens the last used workspace automatically (the Recovered Files dialog has been deprecated). When updating EmEditor with the new installer, EmEditor windows will be automatically closed, and they will be reopened as the last used workspace.
- The new installer now allows several language editions in a single installer (currently English and Japanese are included).
- The new Update Checker that came with the new installer
is now used (v9 Update Checker has been deprecated).
- New command line option /cmp was added.
- When localized language files are old, EmEditor now automatically uses English strings and dialog box resources whenever possible.
- EmEditor now supports a combination of left (&l), center (&c), and right (&r) align for Print header and footer.
- Binary (Hexadecimal View) mode now includes ASCII view side by side.
- Vertical selection is now limited to logical selections (multiple selections because of line wraps
are no longer allowed).
- In the previous version, a new untitled document was opened after
canceling the dialog box that appears when reloading a file with invalid
characters. This has been fixed, except when opening a huge file
- Default PHP highlight strings were updated to the latest PHP function list.
- A new replacement expression (?n:true_expression:false_expression) was added to the regular expression syntax.
New plug-in features
- The WordComplete plug-in now works inside Snippet placeholders.
- The global option was added to the Snippets plug-in regular expression.
- Synchronize selection to cursor position, Set focus in the custom bar at first run, ESC key to close the custom bar, and ENTER key or Go command to close the custom bar check boxes were added to the
Outline plug-in Properties.
- Hide matched strings/replace with regular expressions check box and Regular Expression text box were added to allow you to hide matched strings or replace matched strings with regular expressions.
Word Complete plug-in
- The Exclude Matched and Same-Length Word from the Candidate List check box was added to the Options tab of the plug-in properties.
- The Explorer plug-in did not always synchronize the selection with an opened active file. This bug was fixed.
- Spelling tab was added to Configuration Properties.
- The Standard Error drop-down list box was added to the
External Tool Properties, and the Include Standard Error check box was deprecated. This change allows you to specify the Standard Output and the Standard Error outputs separately.
- The Find dialog box now includes the new Count Matches check box, which displays the number of matches in the status bar when you have searched for a string.
Category name is now displayed when you press an assigned key in the Press New Shortcut Key text box.
- The Files or Folders to Ignore text box (Find in Files > Advanced) now allows up to 15,999 characters.
- The > button on the right side of the Find/Replace drop-down list (Find/Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog) now includes
Selected Text, Word at Cursor, Custom,
Save as Default, and Multiline commands. The = button was deprecated.
- Another > button was added to the right side of the File
Types drop-down list box (Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog). This button includes Current File Type, Current File, and Save as Default
- The ... button on the right side of the In
Folder drop-down list box (Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog) was changed to the > button. This button includes Current
Folder, Parent Folder, Grand Parent Folder, Custom, Browse, and Save as Default commands.
- Use Selected Text in Find/Replace Dialog Box check box, Use Word at Cursor in Find/Replace Dialog Box check box, and Use Current Folder as Default for Find in Files check box
(Search tab of the Customize dialog box) were deprecated.
- Tab order was changed in the Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog boxes.
- Wiggly line and Dotted Line were added to the (Font
Style) drop-down list box in the
Display tab of configuration properties.
- Horizontal Grid check box was added to the
Scroll tab of configuration properties. The Dotted Line check box was deprecated.
- The Header check box and the Footer check box were added to the
tab of Configuration Properties.
- The Delete All button was added to the
My Macros tab of the
Customize Macros dialog box.
- The Use English when Localized Item Not Available check box was added to the Language tab of the
Customize dialog box.
- The 256 color button in the Toolbars dialog box was deprecated.
- The Insert Numbering dialog box was added.
New Toolbar Buttons
Macros new features
Plug-in API new features
- EE_GET_WORD message.
- Editor_GetWord inline function.
- EI_GET_ACTIVE_DOC, EI_SET_ACTIVE_DOC, EI_GET_SYNC_SESSION, and EI_GET_LOC_DLL_INSTANCE flags (EE_INFO message).
- byteCrLf field and FLAG_GET_CRLF_BYTE flag was added to the GET_LINE_INFO structure.
Send feedback on this topic to Emurasoft