June 11, 2013
New General Features
- Multiple Selection Editing
- More Support for Very Large Files
- Multiple File Encoding Conversions
- Quick Launch
- The Comment/Uncomment commands now work as begin/end comments (for example, /* ... */) in addition to line comments. EmEditor will choose begin/end comments when the middle of a line is selected.
- A workspace now saves all bookmarks automatically. Bookmarks will no longer be erased when reloading files.
- When creating a new file by specifying a non-existing file name in the Open dialog box, EmEditor will now create a zero-byte empty file.
- The Help for each dialog box now contains information about all the controls without needing to navigate through branch items. The Help button was deprecated, and pressing the ? button or the F1 key will bring up the pertinent Help.
- A progress bar and a percentage indicator are now displayed in the progress window.
- The new Fast Binary Comparison (Ignore Locale) allows for faster sort. Clearing the Stable Sort also allows for faster sort when stable sorting is not necessary.
Find in Files dialog box now shows all associated file extensions of the current configuration in the File Types text box when Current File Type is selected from the > menu.
- High-DPI settings supported.
- The new version allows you to select text with the mouse outside of the text area specified by the Narrowing command.
- The installer now allows you to add the Context Menu to Windows Explorer, and to have EmEditor check the updates.
- The installer command line options were added: NOCHECKUPDATES, NOCONTEXTMENU, NODESKTOP, NOIEEDITOR, NOIEVIEW, NOPATH, NOSHORTCUT, NOTRAYICON, and NOTXT.
- EmEditor Free is back! This time, EmEditor Free is the same executable file as EmEditor Professional. After you try EmEditor Professional for 30 days, you can still use EmEditor Free without purchasing the product for personal use only.
- When a user clicks on the left edge or the line numbers, a menu related to bookmarks now appears.
- /ff and /mc command line options allow you to find a string in an
New Plug-in Features
HTML Bar plug-in
- The large-size toolbar is now available.
- Optimized for speed when displaying outline as guide.
- Solution loading operates much more quickly, as projects are not loaded until they are used.
- The Reload command was added in the context menu - Solution sub menu. Also, the F5 key was assigned as the
- The Projects plug-in now supports Visual Studio nested projects.
Save All with Encoding dialog box
Configuration Associations dialog box
Split Current Document into Several Files wizard
Combine Documents into a Single File wizard
Quick Launch window
- The Enable Multiple Selections, Prompt when No Undo Infomation is Available, and the Prompt when EmEditor cannot Open the Clipboard check boxes in the
Edit tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Fast Binary Comparison check box, the Stable Sort check box, and the Minimum Memory Size text box in the
Sort tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Use Double Buffering check box in the
View tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Memory Size, L1 Cache Size, L2 Cache Size, and percentage of physical memory in use items were added to the list in the
Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Memory Size, L1 Cache Size, and L2 Cache Size text boxes in the Advanced tab of the Customize
- The Selected Text or Word at Cursor item in the > drop-down menu by the Find text box in the
Find dialog box.
- The Current File Extension item in the > drop-down menu by the File Types text box in the
Find in Files dialog box.
- The Indent only at New Lines check box in the
Tab/Indent dialog box.
- The Set as Default button and the Associations button in the
Define Configurations dialog box.
- $(AppDir), $(AppDrive), and $(Clipboard) parameters were added to the menu displayed when the > button is clicked in the
External Tool Properties dialog box.
- The Prompt before Deleting an Old File when Renaming check box was added to the
Save Details dialog box.
- The Skip Empty Lines and Restart Numbering after Empty Lines check boxes were added to the
Insert Numbering dialog box.
- The CTRL + Click to Select a Word check box was added to the
Mouse tab of the Customize
- The Match Case and Match Whole Word check boxes were added to the
Search tab of the Customize dialog box. These options apply to the
Add Next Occurrence and
Select All Occurrences
- The Prompt when End of Document is Reached check box was added to the
Search tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Save Settings check box was added to the Open dialog box.
- The Title check box and text box in the
Marker List tab of the Customize Markers dialog box.
- The Clicking a File Name in Quotes Opens the File check box was added to the
Link tab of configuration properties.
- The MinimalZen theme was updated and included in the Display tab of configuration properties. The MinimalZen was
developed by ToadLoading.
Macro new features
Plug-in API new features
Copyright © 2003-2014 by Emurasoft, Inc.