To Open a File by Double Clicking in Explorer
- Select the Customize command under the Tools menu.
- Select the File tab.
- Click the Associate with EmEditor button.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the file extension you want to associate in the Extension
text box, enter any name in the File Types text box, select an icon from the
Sample Icon from This File text box and the Current Icon list
- In Explorer, icons whose extension have been associated with EmEditor
will change to the specified icons, and double-clicking on those icons
will open those files with EmEditor.
- If you try to enter an extension already associated with another program,
the message box "This extension is already associated with '...'. Are you
sure you want to change the association?" appears. Selecting Yes will change
the association, and double-clicking the file will no longer run the old
associated program. However, deleting the new extension in the
Associate with EmEditor dialog box
will restore the association with the old program.
- If you do not want to change the association, you can still open a file
in Explorer by selecting EmEditor in the menu displayed by right clicking on
Send feedback on this topic to Emurasoft