LifeTimer
Participant

Sorry if I was unclear. Yes, the eeGetLineView parameter to the document.GetLines() method does indeed return the number of visible lines. Unfortunately this is not the problem though.

The problem is that when I then want to use this number to move the cell cursor in the filtered document data, it turns out that the document.selection.SetActivePoint() method only uses absolute line numbers (i.e. the line numbers that are listed to the left in EmEditor, contrary to the target line’s number in the order of visible lines from the top of the document), and these absolute line numbers do not change when filtering the data, which in turn means that the result returned from document.GetLines(eeGetLineView) is sadly of no use at all for knowing how to make document.selection.SetActivePoint() position the cell cursor on the last visible line of the filtered document.

Allow me to completely rephrase the question for you though, and you will most likely stumble upon this problem yourself when answering this question if nothing else:

Could you please tell me how to write a macro in EmEditor that performs the simple operation of selecting all visible cells in the current column (except the header line) in an arbitrarily filtered document in Cell Selection Mode?