EmEditor v16.7.0 beta 3
Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.7.0 beta 3.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.6.0 include:
New General Features
- Supported “Per-Monitor DPI-aware v2”, one of the new features of Windows 10 Creators Update. The dialog boxes, menus, and toolbars are displayed more naturally when using multiple monitors with different DPIs.
- The default format for line numbers became pre-v16.5.
- Greatly improved the speed for Find in Files command and Extract command in the Find dialog box using the Output bar.
|Extract “1”||166.8 seconds||0.93 seconds||179 times faster|
|Find “1” using Find in Files||120.3 seconds||0.90 seconds||134 times faster|
* 100,000 lines of “0123456789”, Match Case deselected, Use Escape Sequences selected, Use Output Bar selected. Windows 10 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
- The “Space Width” sliders were added to the Format tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The “3D Look” check box was added to the Scroll page of configuration properties.
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_SET_CELL message was added.
- The Editor_SetCell inline function was added.
- The SET_CELL_INFO structure was added.
Macro New Features
- The SetCell method was added to the Document object.
document.SetCell( yLine, iColumn, str, flags );
flags can be one of the following values.
eeAutoQuote — checks whether the string contains delimiters, newlines, or quotes, and escape those characters and add quotes if necessary.
eeDontQuote — don’t do the above process.
eeAlwaysQuote — Always add quotes.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Extract feature in the Find dialog box.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the stadard input to the Output Bar.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!