Today, we are releasing EmEditor v21.5.2.
Updates from v21.5.1 include:
- Fixed a bug where EmEditor could freeze on certain emoji sequences if the Warn invisible characters option is turned on.
- Fixed a pre-v21.5 issue where bookmarks could disappear on the Line Up/Down command.
- The new version stops Find in Files if a regex error occurs.
- Changed the behavior of the Word Left command when spaces following after a word.
- Adjusted the vertical scroll position after the Encode/Decode Selection commands when lines are wrapped.
- Fixed an issue where EmEditor could not stop macros at alert(), confirm(), prompt() methods if run asynchronously on some computers.
- Fixed customer-reported issues (1).
- Fixed a potential crash while opening XML files (avoided syntax check while reading a file).
- Supported more Emoji ZWJ Sequences, and fixed behaviors of the character check.
- Fix an issue where the In Selection Only option in the Find/Replace dialog box was set in sticky vertical selection mode even if only one line is selected.
If you use the Desktop Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If this method fails, please download the newest version, and run the downloaded installer. If you use the Desktop portable version, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version. The Store App versions can be updated through Microsoft Store (64-bit or 32-bit) after a few days. If you use winget, you can type “winget install emeditor” to install the latest version of EmEditor (64-bit or 32-bit detected automatically).