New in Version 21.5
February 15, 2022
New General Features
- Added the ability to visualize invisible, control, and/or surrogate characters, which might cause potential security issues. Character ranges are customizable. Moreover, the new version can optionally check for these characters immediately before the file is being saved.
- The Find Next Unicode and Find Previous Unicode commands were enhanced to include the ability to find warning characters.
- The new version supports EditorConfig. This version supports following properties: indent_style, indent_size, tab_width, end_of_line (while saving), charset (while saving), trim_trailing_whitespace (while saving), insert_final_newline (while saving), and max_line_length.
- Added the /csv to command line options.
- The new version shows description in the status bar when hovering on a toolbar button.
- Improved the speed of Undo after Replace All.
|Undo (after Replace All “a” with “@”, no match case)||7.91 seconds||2.58 seconds||3.07 times faster|
* 1.34 GB, 100 million lines, random ASCII data. Default options, 1 thread, Windows 11, Core i9-11900K, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD.
- Added the Character Check page to configuration properties.
- Added the Character Range dialog box to the Character Check page of configuration properties.
- Added the Use .editorconfig option to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box for EditorConfig support.
- Added the Ensure a newline exists at the end of each file option to the Save Details dialog box.
- Added the Warning Characters item to the Specify Part list box in the Display page of configuration properties.
- Character Check Properties
Plug-in New Features
- Added the EI_GET_SUM parameter to the EE_INFO message.
Macro New Features
- Improved the Sum.jsee macro to exclude hidden lines from the sum while being filtered.
- Added the eeColorInvalidCharacters index to Item property of DisplayList collection.
- Added the Sum and Average properties to the Selection object.