New in Version 22.1
December 6, 2022
New General Features
- The new version of the WebPreview plug-in uses the Microsoft Edge browser control based on Chromium by default.[P]
- Added the ability to create commits, change branches, staged changes, and undo changes with the CommitList plug-in.[P]
- Redesigned the Crash Report dialog box, and allow the report to be emailed directly within from EmEditor.[PF]
- The new version supports date formats (a type of a number ranges) without separators (for instance, “yyyyMMdd“).[PF]
- The new version allows the use of a number range with the Extract button in the Replace dialog box.[P]
- The new version highlights brackets even if the cursor is at the right side of the bracket.[PF]
- Allowed copying and pasting cells from Excel to EmEditor.[P]
- Allowed full-width numbers in Jump and other dialog boxes.[PF]
- Remove the Find toolbar from the default layout.[P]
- Recategorized the All Commands menu and the command category in the Quick Launch and Keyboard Map windows.[PF]
- Improved the speed of counting the number of characters in a selection and copying strings.[PF]
|Count the Number of Characters||32.2 seconds||14.4 seconds||2.24 times faster|
* Click the Number of Characters in the selection on the status bar after Select All, 1 billion lines, 52 GB random ASCII data. Default options, Windows 11, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64 GB RAM, 1TB SSD.
- Added the Sort Selection, Sort Columns, and Manage Columns dialog boxes.[P]
- Added the Discard extra strings option to the Split Columns dialog box.[P]
- Added the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer radio buttons to the WebPreview plug-in Properties.[P]
Plug-in New Features[P]
- Added the SPLIT_DONT_DISCARD_EXTRA flag to the SPLIT_COLUMN_INFO structure.
- Added the EE_CONVERT_EX and EE_REARRANGE_COLUMNS messages.
- Added the CONVERT_INFO and REARRANGE_COLUMNS_INFO structures.
- Added the Editor_RearrangeColumns inline function.
- Added the pszSeparator, nSortFlags, and pszLocale parameters to the Editor_Convert inline function.
- Added the SORT_COLUMNS, SORT_DELETE_DUPLICATE, and SORT_REMOVE_EMPTY flags to the Editor_Sort inline function and the SORT_INFO structure.
Macro New Features[P]
- Added the Run, FileExists, FolderExists, DeleteFile, DeleteFolder, CreateFolder, GetFileAttributes, and SetFileAttributes methods to the Shell object.
- Added the RearrangeColumns method to the Document object.
- Added eeDontDiscardExtra to the SplitColumn method of the Document object.
- Added the Sort method to the Selection object.
- Added the eeSortColumns, eeRemoveDuplicates, and eeSortRemoveEmpty flags to the Sort method of the Document object.
- Added V8 to the #langauge directive.
- [P] EmEditor Professional only
- [PF] EmEditor Professional and EmEditor Free