New in Version 17.7
May 16, 2018
New General Features
- Improved the speed of various sort commands.
|CSV Sort (numbers, sort by a column)||19.7 seconds||0.719 seconds||27.4 times faster|
|CSV Sort by Multiple Columns (numbers, sort by 2 columns)||72.6 seconds||1.97 seconds||36.9 times faster|
|CSV Sort by Multiple Columns (numbers, sort by 3 columns)||94.7 seconds||3.09 seconds||30.6 times faster|
* 185 MB, 2,170,000 lines, CSV number data, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM.
- Updated the Python syntax to Python 3.7.0b4.
- Added the feature to generate a report file after file comparisons. Added the eeCompare configuration and the Vertical Line-separated CSV format to view comparison reports.
- Added the Copy and Close button to the dialog box displayed by the Character Code Value command.
- Added the Generate a Report? page to the Compare wizard.
- Added the File Modified Date (&e) and File Modified Time (&u) macros to the Header/Footer text boxes in the Print page of configuration properties.
- Added the Color drop-down list box to the Highlight (1) page of configuration properties, which allows you to specify Comparison-related colors.
- Added the Min Size to Use Temporary File text box and the Currently Using Temporary File message to the Large File Controller custom bar.
- Added the Ignore Empty Cells check box to the Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines dialog box.
- Added the Compare unquoted strings in cells of CSV documents check box to the Sort page of the Customize dialog box.
- Customize Text Rendering
- Generate Report
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the MANAGE_DUPLICATES_IGNORE_EMPTY_CELLS flag to the MANAGE_DUPLICATES_INFO structure.
- Added the SORT_UNQUOTE_CELLS flag to the SORT_INFO structure.
- Added the EE_COMPARE message, Editor_Compare inline function, and the COMPARE_INFO structure.
Macro New Features
- Added the eeIgnoreEmptyCells flag to the DeleteDuplicates method of the Document object.
- Added the eeSortUnquoteCells flag to the Sort method of the Document object.
- Added the Compare method to the Editor object.