New in Version 18.7
March 25, 2019
New General Features
- Added the Clear Contents command. This command works only in the CSV cell selection mode, and it clears the contents of selected cells. The new version assigns the DELETE key to the Clear Contents command by default, and the Delete command now deletes both contents and delimiters.
- Improved the speed especially when the opened document contains very long lines.
- Improved the speed of the Sort and Delete Duplicate Lines commands using multi-threaded code.
- Improved the speed of opening very large files, filter, and replace all using the AVX-2 instruction set found in recent CPUs.
|Move cursor in a very large document without newlines. *1||31.8 seconds||4.13 seconds||7.70 times faster|
|Sort A to Z *2||376 seconds||62.7 seconds||6.00 times faster|
|Delete Duplicate Lines *2||17.7 seconds||6.58 seconds||2.69 times faster|
|Replace All *3||3.23 seconds||2.77 seconds||14.2 % faster|
*1 3.09 GB, 1 lines (no newlines), XML file, run a macro to move to the end of line, and then 20 characters left. Use Temporary Files option on.
*2 1.34 GB, 100,000,000 lines, random ASCII data, default options, Use Temporary Files option off.
*3 4.72 GB, 50,000,000 lines, random ASCII data, replace all “abc” with “@@@”, default options, Use Temporary Files option off.
All: Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD.
- Added the Prompt when an incremental search takes a long time to complete check box to the Search page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Alternative behavior of the Word Right command and Alternative behavior of the Word Left command check boxes to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Clear Contents (Cell Selection Mode Only)