New in Version 14.6
This new version adds important features with big data analysis and database file editing in mind.
Enhanced CSV Features
With the new CSV/Sort toolbar, the new version gives you easier access to CSV related features and sorting options. You can quickly switch between CSV formats, and convert between CSV formats and Fixed Width Columns. You can access various colulmn/separator related commands, the Delete Duplicate Lines, Line Number, Ruler, and Heading commands.
Moreover, the new version allows you to define up to 8 CSV formats, and each format now allows up to 39 character long text. Each CSV format can be customized.
With the new Filter Bar, you can view only the lines that include a specified string. As you type the searched string in the Filter text box on the Filter Bar, EmEditor will begin searching the document and shows only the lines that include the searched string. Click the Abort button on the Filter Bar to cancel the filtering and restore the view of the original document. You can also easily change the searched string by clicking the Refresh button on the filter toolbar.
The Extract All button was added to the Find dialog box. Pressing the Extract All button extracts lines containing the searched string to a new document.
Other New Features
- The Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box was added.
- Following commands can be executed against all documents in the current group by clicking the button while pressing the SHIFT key — Normal Mode, all CSV commands, all Convert to commands, Fixed Width Columns, all sort commands, Delete Duplicate Lines, Heading 0 – 4, Adjust Separator Positions, Automatically Add Separators, and Remove All Separators.
- Double-clicking on the ruler now selects the column except the headings. Triple-clicking the ruler selects the entire column. After double/triple-clicking, moving the mouse right or left while pressing the mouse button selects multiple columns.
- Double-clicking the ruler will not adjust columns anymore.
- The Updater feature which was temporarily disabled on v14.5.4 was restored. The new Updater installs only digitally signed update packages signed with the same certificate as the Updater. For your security, the Update Checker on EmEditor v14.5.4 or older does not work anymore. Please go to the Download page to get the newest version if you are still using v14.5.4 or older.
- The CSV tab was added to the Customize dialog box.
- The CSV files to Detect list box was added to the File tab of configuration properties (The Detect CSV, Detect TSV, and Detect DSV check boxes were deprecated). The Delimiter text box was moved to the CSV tab of the Custmoize dialog box.
- The In the Selection Only check box was added to the Find dialog box.
- The Headings, Search Range, and Filter items were added to the list in the Display tab of configuration properties.
- The Prefer UTF-8 check box was added to the File tab of configuration properties.
- Toggle Heading
- Set Heading
- Reset Heading
- Fixed Width Columns
- Add/Remove Separator
- Automatically Add Separators
- Remove All Separators
- Insert Column
- Add Column
- Vertical Selection
- Toggle CSV/Sort Toolbar
- Convert to (popup menu)
- Columns/Separators (popup menu)
- Heading 1
- Heading 2
- Heading 3
- Heading 4
- Heading (popup menu)
- CSV mode (popup menu)
- Read Only in Headings
- Adjust Separator Positions (Visible Lines Only)
- Remove Unnecessary Double-Quotes
- Sort by Multiple Columns
- Browse Filter Expressions (Filter toolbar)
- Refresh (Filter toolbar)
- Incremental Search (Filter toolbar)
- Match Case (Filter toolbar)
- Use Regular Expressions (Filter toolbar)
- Use Escape Sequence (Filter toolbar)
- Match Whole Word (Filter toolbar)
- Toggle Filter Toolbar
- Set Focus to Filter Toolbar
- Close Filter Toolbar
- Abort (Filter toolbar)
- Block Multiline Changes (Filter toolbar)
- CSV (multiple items)
- Convert to CSV (multiple items)
Macro New Features
- The HeadingLines, NarrowingTop, and NarrowingBottom properties were added to the Document object.
Plug-in API New Features
- EI_GET_HEADING_LINES, EI_SET_HEADING_LINES, EI_GET_NARROWING_TOP, EI_SET_NARROWING_TOP, EI_GET_NARROWING_BOTTOM, EI_SET_NARROWING_BOTTOM (EE_INFO message).