New in Version 17.9
July 11, 2018
New General Features
- Unicode code point information is added to the character code at cursor status bar item.
- Associated more file types to EmEditor, and designed new document icons (Store App versions only).
- Included Help files (English, Japanese, and Chinese) to the packages (Store App versions only).
- Added the To New CSV Column option (by clicking the ▼ button on the right of the Extract button) in the Replace dialog box. While column(s) are selected in a CSV document, selecting the To New CSV Column option in the context menu displayed when the ▼ button on the right side of the Extract button, and click the Extract button will create a
new CSV column filled with the replaced strings, while the original column remains unchanged. The new column is inserted just to the right of the original.
- Added the Use Escape Character check box to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box. CSV documents usually quote delimiters with double-quotes, however, some nonstandard CSV data escape delimiters with backslashes. The new option allows you to edit such nonstandard CSV data.
- Duplicate Column(s)
Plug-in New Features
- Added the Complete (Keep Typed Case) command to the Word Complete plug-in, and assigned Shift+Enter as the default shortcut key.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the EI_GET_BOOKMARK_COUNT command to the EE_INFO message.
Macro New Features
- Added eeFindExtract and eeFindOutput flags to the nFlags parameter, and added eeExFindInsertColumn flags to the nExFlags parameter of the Replace method of the Selection object.
- Added the BookmarkCount property to the Document object.