New in Version 17.8
June 13, 2018
New General Features
- Added an ability to open only those lines that match a specified Open Filter. This allows you to open only the lines that include a specific string (such as an ID or name) from a very large file, minimizing memory usage. The feature allows you to edit or sort the specified lines quickly.
- The Character Code Value dialog box has an updated layout, putting the Unicode codepoints just under the character, followed by the encoding information. Additionally, UTF-8 character encoding info has been added.
- The number of lines, number of characters, number of words, and newline character displayed in the status bar will show “(Click)” if the selection is large or a large file is loaded. Clicking this text will update the displayed values.
- EmEditor can now save workspaces periodically and restore workspaces in case, for example, the operating system crashes or hardware failure occurs due to power outage. EmEditor can also save workspaces on crash as previous versions did.
- A dialog box with a progress bar now appears while restoring a workspace. Warning messages can appear in the Output bar if unexpected events happen while restoring a workspace.
- Added the Save Workspace button to the Save changes? dialog box displayed when a modified document is about to close. Clicking this button will save all modified documents as a workspace with the Undo information, and next time when EmEditor is open, all the modified documents will be restored and become ready to be undone.
- Added the Filter drop-down list box, the > and X button, Use Temporary Files, Match Case, Use Regular Expressions, Use Escape Sequences check boxes, Default text box to the Large File Controller custom bar.
- Added the Prompt when default Open Filter exists check box to the File page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Exclusion Folders list box, Add and Delete buttons to the History page of the Customize dialog box.
- Moved the Exclude Internet Cache Folder check box from the File page to the History page of the Customize dialog box.
- Moved the Monitor the Clipboard copied on External Applications and Add Additional Information to the Undo/Redo History check boxes from the History page to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Open Filter item to the Specify Part list box in the Display page of configuration properties.
- Added the Workspace page to the Customize dialog box.
- Moved the Automatic Workspace drop-down list box and Do not ask before exiting check box from the Window page to the Workspace page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Save Always on Top Status option of the Window page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Highlight Active Tab check box and the Color button to the Tab page of the Customize dialog box.
- Use DirectWrite
- Customize Workspace
Plug-in New Features
- Added the Never and Keep Original Text when Completes option to the Match Case drop-down list box in the Matching Criteria page of the Word Complete Properties.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the EI_GET_MEMORY_SIZE and EI_SET_MEMORY_SIZE commands to the EE_INFO message.
- Added the LFI_USE_TEMP_FILE and LFI_DONT_USE_TEMP_FILE to the LOAD_FILE_INFO_EX structure.
Macro New Features
- Added the MemorySize property to the Document object.
- Added the eeUseTempFile and eeDontUseTempFile flags to the OpenFile method.
- Fixed the issue where the CSV Join command could cause EmEditor to become unresponsive under a certain condition.
- Fixed the issue where removing the standard plug-in DLL files could cause EmEditor to show a warning message box when EmEditor is launched.
- Fixed customer-reported issues (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19).