New in Version 21.2
New General Features
- The new version detects repeated steps, and show a notification tip with the Enter Repeat Count hyperlink. Clicking the Enter Repeat Count hyperlink brings up the Repeat dialog box, where you can specify the number of times to repeat the specified steps. The Repeat dialog box shows the selected steps as a macro, which you can save, edit, or select as the default macro.
- The new version allows you to right-click on most menu items and toolbar buttons to display a context menu to show the Assign Keyboard Shortcut command. This command opens the Keyboard page of Properties for All Configurations, and selects the command where you right-clicked. This ability allows you to easily assign a keyboard shortcut for most commands including macros and plug-ins.
- All Configurations becomes the default setting for the Keyboard Map.
- Right-click on buttons on the Macros, Plug-ins, or Tools toolbar shows its specific context menu.
- The new version allows you to click (not double-click) on the status bar to change settings or show menus.
- Many features that were previously available only for the Professional version were enabled also for the Free version.
- Added the Show the modification mark on the left side of file name option to the Window tag of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Open the combined file when finished successfully, Run a macro against the combined file, Set this as the default macro check boxes to the Destination page of the Combine Files wizard.
- Added the ▼ button to the Destination page of the Combine Files wizard to specify arguments such as $(CombineRunSerial) and $(NumOfFiles) to specify the destination file.
- Added the Open all split files when finished successfully, Run a macro against each opened split files, Set this as the default macro check boxes to the Destination page of the Split a File wizard.
- Divided the CSV page of the Customize dialog box to CSV Formats and CSV Options pages.
- Add the Min lines to detect option to the CSV Formats page of the Customize dialog box.
- Add the Min lines to detect option to the CSV Formats page of the Customize dialog box. Setting 2 on this option allows EmEditor to detect 2-line CSV files automatically. Previous versions required at least 3 lines exist in a CSV file to be detected automatically.
- Customize CSV Options
- Repeat Steps