New in Version 15.1
Improved Speed by Multi-threading
EmEditor v15.1 has greatly improved the execution speed of Find, Replace All, Filter, Undo Replace All, and Select All Occurrences commands. When dealing with large files (more than 10,000 lines), these commands run as multi-threads. EmEditor can also be customized to show the execution time for many tasks.
|Number of tdreads||1||1||2||4||8|
|Filter *1||4.31 seconds||1.21 seconds||1.56 seconds||1.20 seconds||0.90 seconds|
|Replace All *2||4.95 seconds||1.54 seconds||1.75 seconds||1.60 seconds||1.23 seconds|
|Replace All (regex) *3||12.93 seconds||9.68 seconds||8.51 seconds||7.32 seconds||12.31 seconds|
|Undo Replace All *4||6.32 seconds||1.40 seconds||N/A *6||N/A||N/A|
|Select All Occurrences *5||40.29 seconds||1.85 seconds||N/A *6||N/A||N/A|
*1 32 million lines, filter with “123”, no match case
*2 32 million lines, replace all “123” with “$$$”, no match case
*3 32 million lines, replace all “^123” with “$$$”, use regular expressions, no match case
*4 undo replace all (*2)
*5 32 million lines, enter “123” and click “Find All” button in the Find dialog, no match case
*6 The Undo and Select All Occurrences commands run only as a single thread.
* Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
This version added the Extract Columns command, which allows you to extract specified columns in the CSV document and create a new document.
The new version allows you to perform a per-user install. A per-user install will not display User Account Control (UAC) prompts on Windows 7 or later. The per-user install is possible by selecting the Only for me radio button on the Installation Type dialog during the install. If a quiet install is made inside the Command Prompt, add the “MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1” option. The Installation Type cannot be changed during updates. All the shortcut settings can be changed now even in the per-user install.
Other New Features
- When search is made, the status bar shows clear separation between matched occurrences and matched lines after search (there might be more than one occurrences in a single line).
- Find in Files now allows you to ignore binary files.
- .eeWorkspace files are now associated with EmEditor. Double-clicking .eeWorkspace files can now restore the workspace with EmEditor.
- The Associate with EmEditor dialog box can be accessed without administrative privileges now.
- The text editor is now horizontally scrolled when necessary when a user selects a column in the Column drop-down list on the Filter toolbar so that the specified column will become visible.
- A context menu now appears when each item in the status bar is right-clicked, and selecting the Copy will copy the contents to the Clipboard.
- The Extract Columns dialog box was added.
- The Show Execution Time check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Ignore Binary Files and the Show Ignored Files in Results check boxes in the Advanced dialog box.
- The Display a tray icon when EmEditor launches check box was added to the Shortcut tab of the Customize dialog box.
- All the contents in the Customize More Shortcuts dialog box were moved to the Shortcut tab of the Customize dialog box.
- In the Header and footer page of the Split Current Document into Several Files wizard, the Header [>] menu now contains $(FirstLine), which allows you to insert the first line of the document as the header.
- The Number of Threads drop-down list box was added to the Advanced tab of the Customize dialog box.
- Extract Columns
- Select CSV Column with Headings