New in Version 20.5
New General Features
- Support up to 16 TB (17,592,186,044,415 bytes) or 1,099 billion lines (1,099,511,627,775 lines) when opening a file in the 64-bit version of EmEditor if enough memory is available. Support up to 256 GB (274,877,906,943 bytes) or 2.14 billion lines (2,147,483,647 lines) in the 32-bit version.
- Added the total number of lines and CSV columns to the tooltip displayed when the mouse pointer hovers over a document tab.
- Optimized various tasks by detecting the media type of the drive where a file is stored.
- Improved response time when clicking the Stop button in the Large File Controller.
- Added the Partially Open button to the message box displayed if an out of memory error occurred while opening a very large file.
- Added “Time remained:” in the status bar while opening a very large file.
- Added a notification message when the available memory or disk space for temporary files is low.
- Added the ability to sign in to Emurasoft Customer Center in EmEditor to renew a subscription without entering a new registration key. You may still use EmEditor without signing in as before.
- Added the Number of Columns in the CSV document, Average of numbers in the selection, and Sum of numbers in the selection checkboxes to the Status page of the Customize dialog box. Removed the Memory Size, L1 Cache Size, and L2 Cache Size checkboxes from the Status page.
- Removed the L1 Cache Size and L2 Cache Size text boxes from the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Sign in radio button, and Email address and Password text boxes to the Register Product dialog box.
Macro New Features
- Added the Text property to the OutputBar object.