New in Version 15.0
Manage Multiple Workspaces
The Open Workspace, Save Workspace, Save Workspace As, and Recent Workspace (multiple items) commands were added to let you manage multiple workspaces. By default, the Workspace popup menu was added to the File menu, and various workspace commands were added inside the popup menu.
Improved Filter Features
The new advanced filter allows you to specify a search range for the filter. It also allows you to specify a logical disjunction (logical OR) for multiple levels of the filter. If this is not specified, a logical conjunction (Logical AND) is used for multiple levels of the filter.
There are some changes in the Filter toolbar as well. You can now select previously used advanced filters from the history. The Bookmark All and Extract All buttons were also added to the Filter toolbar so that you can quickly mark or edit the filtered text.
To make your work as smooth as possible, the Filter command was added to the context menu displayed when you click on a marker on the Markers toolbar. In addition, clicking a marker while pressing CTRL now works as a filter. The default context menu now includes the Filter command, which allows you to use the selected text or the word at cursor as a filter. Furthermore, the Filter’s speed is imporved when a very large file is opened.
Split Current Document or a File into Several Files
The Split Current Document or a File into Several Files command allows you to specify not only the current document but also an existing file as the source file. This enhancement allows you to split a very large file larger than 248 GB.
Improved User Interface
To enhance the intuitive design of EmEditor, the new version has improved many dialog boxes. For example, when closing a document, the YES and NO button labels in the “Save Changes?” message box were changed to Save and Don’t Save, words that include the actual tasks.
Other New Features
- The UAC prompt will not appear anymore in the Import and Export wizard.
- The Output As drop-down list box was added to the Find in Files dialog box, which allows you to directly open the searched file and filter the file with the specified searched string.
- In the Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog boxes, the In Folder drop-down list can now contain up to 10,000 characters separating multiple folders by ‘|’. Folder names surrounded by double-quotes can be specified now. A warning message now appears when a folder doesn’t exist.
- When the Bookmark All button was clicked in the Find dialog box, the status bar now shows how many bookmarks were increased.
- The Free version of EmEditor now adds the Find in Files and Replace in Files command.
- The new Custom (in Characters) box, the Logical Disjunction (OR) to the Previous Condition check box, and the Import and Export buttons were added to the Advanced Filter dialog box.
- The Popup if Number of Items Exceeds text box was added to the History tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Browse and Add command in the menu displayed when you click the > button by the In Folder text box in the Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog boxes.
- The Validate CSV and Output Errors check box was added to the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Bookmark Count in the Entire Document check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Prompt if the specified folder does not exist check box was added to the Advanced dialog box, which can be accessed from the Find in Files dialog box.
- Open Workspace
- Save Workspace
- Save Workspace As
- Recent Workspace (multiple items)
- Bookmark All (Filter toolbar)
- Extract All (Filter toolbar)
- Filter with Selection or Word at Cursor
Macro New Features
- The xBegin and xEnd parameters and the eeFindLogicalOr flag were added to the Filter method of the Document object.
Plug-in API New Features
- The xBegin and xEnd fields and the FLAG_FIND_LOGICAL_OR flag were added to the FILTER_INFO structure.
- The xBegin and xEnd parameters and the FLAG_FIND_LOGICAL_OR flag were added to the Editor_Filter inline function.
- EEID_WORKSPACE_OPEN, EEID_WORKSPACE_SAVE_AS, EEID_WORKSPACE_SAVE_CURRENT, EEID_FILTERBAR_BOOKMARK, EEID_FILTERBAR_EXTRACT, and EEID_WORKSPACE_RECENT_FILE1 commands were added.