New in Version 17.6
April 18, 2018
New General Features
- Greatly improved the speed of the Delete Duplicate Lines command when very large files are used.
- Improved the speed of sort commands.
|Delete Duplicate Lines||392 minutes 31 seconds||116 minutes 10 seconds||3.38 times faster|
|Sort (default options)||93.5 seconds||74.4 seconds||20.4 % faster|
|Sort (fast binary comparison)||74.3 seconds||46.5 seconds||37.4 % faster|
* Delete Duplicate Lines: 32.2 GB, 1,360,000,000 lines, Unicode (UTF-16LE) random data, Sort: 538 MB, 10,000,000 lines, ASCII random data, All: Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM.
- New support for DirectWrite, which uses sub-pixel anti-alising to improve the rendering of text. Also supported color fonts such as Emoji (Color fonts are supported only on Windows 8.1 or later). DirectWrite is turned off by default. After opening a file in EmEditor, changing options in the Text Rendering page of the Customize dialog box will preview the changes in the EmEditor window before confirming the changes.
- The Character Code Value dialog window now includes the Unicode name.
- New configuration for Markdown.
- Improved the Flash Fill command.
- Added the Text Rendering page to the Customize dialog box.
- In the Join CSV window, headings in the key column of CSV documents will be ignored if the Ignore Headings checkbox is checked, so that original headings are retained in the merged document.
- Added the Ignore Case check box to the Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines dialog box.
- Added the Size slider to the Toolbars dialog box, which allows you to adjust the font size of drop-down list boxes in the Find and Filter toolbars.
- Allows you to enter a negative value (up to -2) to the Line Space text box in the Display page of configuration properties.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the EI_GET_NEWLINE_CODE flag to EE_INFO message.
- Added the MANAGE_DUPLICATES_INCLUDE_ALL and MANAGE_DUPLICATES_IGNORE_CASE flags to the MANAGE_DUPLICATES_INFO structure.
- Improved the EE_IS_CHAR_HALF_OR_FULL message and Editor_IsCharHalfOrFull inline function.
Macro New Features
- Added the NewlineCode property to the Document object.
- Added the eeIncludeAll and eeSortIgnoreCase flags to the DeleteDuplicates method.
- Improved caret movement behavior on combining characters.
- Fixed an issue where EmEditor could crash if the number of columns in the Column drop-down list of the Filter toolbar does not match the number of columns in the CSV document.
- Fixed an issue where a regular expression search using “b” could result in an error.
- Fixed an issue related to the Save Opened Portion As button in the Large File Controller.
- Fixed a bug where the Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines (Advanced) command could work incorrectly when the Compare Adjacent Lines Only option is enabled and only one column in a CSV document is selected.