Open Documents Plug-in
The Open Documents plug-in keeps track of all of your open documents, allowing you to easily switch between, activate, save, close them, and more, from a convenient list.
The Open Documents plug-in is installed by default with EmEditor Professional. This plug-in displays the list of open documents, and allows you to activate, close, or save selected documents within the list.
To use the Open Documents plug-in: make sure the tabs are enabled. When the tabs are enabled, the Enable Tabs menu item is checked on the Window menu. Click the Open Documents plug-in button on the Plug-ins bar. Or on the Tools menu, point to Plug-ins, and then click Open Documents. The list of open documents will appear in the Open Documents custom bar.
Right-click on the list of open documents and the context menu will appear. Choose to:
- Activate, Save, Close or other operations against the selected document.
- Refresh or Select All documents.
- Close All Others in Group, Close All Previous, or Close All Next.
- Create a New Group or New Minimized Group.
- Move a document to Next Group or Previous Group.
- Arrange the documents by Name, Type, Modified, Active, Ascending Order, Descending Order, or Auto Arrange.
- View the Full Path, or Title, or a Blend of the two.
Press the F6 key or ESC key to set the keyboard focus back to the editor. Click the middle mouse button to close the selected document in the list.