New in Version 20.8
June 8, 2021
New General Features
- Improved the Find/Replace behavior in the Binary (Hexadecimal View) mode, and allowed you to search visually multiple lines for an array of bytes without considering newlines.
- Added the Ruler for the Binary (Hexadecimal View) mode.
- Improved UTF-8 detection in very large files (If EmEditor detects an invalid character while opening a file as UTF-8, it will be opened as the originally selected encoding).
- Enabled the Find Matching Parenthesis/Bracket (Ctrl+]) and Matching Parenthesis/Bracket Extend (Ctrl+Shift+]) commands even if the cursor is not exactly at the parenthesis/bracket position.
- Added the Validate XML documents (XML) and Resolve external definitions (XML) check boxes to the Syntax Check page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Create log files to debug in the Downloads folder check box to the Update page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Even Lines to the Display page of configuration properties to allow you to set a different color for alternate lines
- The new version allows the First Line text box in the Insert Numbering dialog box to include a prefix and/or a suffix unless the Character radio button is selected.
Plug-in New Features
- Supported multiple selections in the HTMLBar plug-in.
Macro New Features
- Added the #async directive to allow an option for a macro to run synchronously (not as a separate thread) as the same way as v20.6 or earlier.
- Disabled keyboard input to the editor while running macros even asynchronously (as a separate thread).