New in Version 18.2
October 10, 2018
New General Features
- Greatly improved the speed of Find, Replace, Filter, CSV sort and other operations when opening very large files. Removed multi-threaded search/replace, as single-threaded search/replace is now faster.
- In the new version, the status bar is highlighted for important messages.
|v18.0||v18.1||v18.2||Comparison to v18.0|
|Find “abc” with “Count Matches” option||4.09 seconds||3.26 seconds||1.80 seconds||2.27 times faster|
|Replace “abc” with “@@@”||4.30 seconds||3.22 seconds||1.75 seconds||2.46 times faster|
|Filter “abc”||4.16 seconds||3.14 seconds||1.73 seconds||2.40 times faster|
|CSV Sort||0.797 seconds||0.781 seconds||0.500 seconds||1.60 times faster||CSV Sort by Multiple Columns (numbers, sort by 2 columns)||1.88 seconds||1.813 seconds||1.30 seconds||1.45 times faster|
|CSV Sort by Multiple Columns (numbers, sort by 3 columns)||3.02 seconds||3.02 seconds||2.19 seconds||1.38 times faster|
* Find/Replace/Filter: 538 MB, 10,000,000 lines, random ASCII data, Sort: 185 MB, 2,170,000 lines, CSV number data, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM.
- Added the Sort by Occurrence Ascending and Sort by Occurrence Descending radio buttons to the Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box.
- Added the Do not display the Save Workspace button in the “Save Changes?” dialog box check box to the Workspace page of the Customize dialog box.
- Next Bookmark in This Document (Around)
- Previous Bookmark in This Document (Around)
- Sort by Occurrence Ascending
- Sort by Occurrence Descending
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the SORT_OCCURRENCE flag to the Editor_Sort inline function and the SORT_INFO structure.
Macro New Features
- Added the O (sorts by occurrence) option to the strColumns parameter of the Sort method.
- Fixed the bug where the Backup feature did not work.
- Fixed customer-reported issues (1).