New in Version 17.4
January 17, 2018
New General Features
- Added more options to In the Selection Only regular expression searches. For instance, enabling the ‘^’ and ‘$’ can Match Beginning and End of the Selection option allows you to use regular expressions that can match only at the beginning/ending of the selection. Enabling the Look Around during the Selection Only Search option allows you to use lookahead/lookbehind expressions to look outside of the selection while matching only in the selection.
- Added more options to the CSV cell selection mode, which allow you to keep the number of columns the same while editing, or double-click outside to create a new cell.
- The Boost.Regex version was updated to v1.66.0.
- Reverted the font size in dialog boxes from 9 point to 8 point except for Chinese.
- Optimized icons for high-DPI monitors.
- Optimized for Windows 7 or later. Digital signatures for executable files use SHA256 certificates only, and previous dual signatures with SHA1 certificates were deprecated. This version does NOT support Windows Vista/Server 2008.
- Greatly improved the speed of Replace All (when the find string contains newline characters and the replace string does not) and its Undo operations. See the test results table below.
|v16.5||v16.6||v16.9||v17.4||Comparison to v16.5|
|Replace All “9\n” with “a”||32.7 seconds||22.4 seconds||0.17 seconds||0.141 seconds||232 times faster|
|Undo the above||73.5 seconds||29.2 seconds||27.8 seconds||6.89 seconds||10.7 times faster|
* All test conditions are the same as Version 16.6.
- Added the ‘^’ and ‘$’ can Match Beginning and End of the Selection and Look Around during the Selection Only Search check boxes to the Advanced (Find) dialog box.
- Added the Prompt when Very Long Lines Exist check box to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Keep Number of Columns Same while Editing in Cell Selection Mode, Press TAB key to Create a New Cell in Cell Selection Mode, Double-Click Header/Line Numbers to Create a New Column/Line in Cell Selection Mode, and Double-Click Outside to Create a New Cell in Cell Selection Mode check boxes to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added more regular expression samples to the menu displayed when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace dialog boxes.
Plug-in New Features
- The Word Count plug-in now uses the characters specified in the Treat the following characters as alphanumeric text box in the Edit page of the Customize dialog box as components of a word. For instance, specifying an apostrophe (‘) in the text box causes the plug-in to count I’m as one word, which is consistent with the number of words displayed in the status bar.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the FLAG_FIND_BOL, FLAG_FIND_EOL, and FLAG_FIND_LOOKAROUND constants to the nFlags member of the FIND_REPLACE_INFO structure.
Macro New Features
- Added the eeExFindBOL, eeExFindEOL, and eeExFindLookaround constants to the nExFlags parameter of the Find method and Replace method of the Selection object.
- Fixed the bug where removing all newline codes from a very large file could crash.
- Fixed various issues related to very large file editing. For instance, the cursor position after a series of certain operations on very large files containing a double-byte character might not have been correct.
- Fixed certain regular-expression searches and replaces. For instance, in the Selection Only search, the regular expression “^a+” could match incorrect positions when the Find Previous button was clicked in the Find dialog box.