New in Version 18.6
February 6, 2019
New General Features
- Improved behavior of various functions while in multiple selection mode. For instance, you can now copy multiple selections and paste to another multiple selection when the Always insert newlines when copying multiple selections option is enabled (default) in the Edit page of the Customize dialog box. The cursor is not confined to the multiple selection range anymore when moving the cursor
via arrow keys if the Keep selections while typing in multiple selections option is disabled (default).
- The new version allows you to remove newlines by pressing the DELETE key while the multiple selection cursors are at the end of each line, or by pressing the BACKSPACE key while the multiple selection cursors are at the beginning of each line.
- The new version auto-completes brackets/quotation marks even while multiple selections are made if the Auto-Complete Brackets/Quotation Marks option is enabled in the Highlight (2) page of configuration properties.
- The new version allows you to Sort or Delete Duplicate Lines only in selected column ranges of text when multiple selections are made.
- The new version allows you to toggle insert/overwrite mode using the Insert/Overwrite command (the INSERT key) while in multiple selection mode.
- Improved restore behavior of the cursor position and selection range after the Undo command. For instance the cursor position moves back to the correct position after Undoing the Delete Right Word command (CTRL+DELETE) and also after Undoing the Duplicate Line command while lines are selected.
- New default shortcut keys include ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN/UP keys to deselect top/bottom selection from multiple selections (Deselect Top Selection from Multiple Selections and Deselect Bottom Selection from Multiple Selections commands).
- Improved the speed of text editing and cursor movement in multiple selection mode.
- Improved the speed of opening very large files without using temporary files.
|v17.9||v18.4||v18.5||v18.6||Comparison to v17.9|
|Open a very large file||20.4 seconds||15.6 seconds||8.17 seconds||7.28 seconds||2.80 times faster|
* 1.34 GB, 100,000,000 lines, random ASCII data, Use Temporary Files option off, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD.
- Improved the speed of the Remove Newlines command, Replace All (when the find string contains newline characters and the replace string does not), and their Undo operations. See the test results table below.
|v18.4||v18.6||Comparison to v18.4|
|Remove Newlines||6.02 seconds||3.44 seconds||1.75 times faster|
|Undo the above||15.0 seconds||6.33 seconds||2.37 times faster|
* 538 MB, 10,000,000 lines, random ASCII data, Use Temporary Files option off, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i7-8700K, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD.
- Improved the speed while editing a document containing very long lines.
- Improved behavior of Word Right (CTRL+RIGHT), Word Left (CTRL+LEFT), Word Right Extend (CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT), and Word Left Extend (CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT) commands.
- Added the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+H to the default shortcuts for the Replace in Files command.
- The new version allows you to copy and paste column(s) or duplicate column(s) while filtered in a CSV mode.
- Added the Match Whole String button to the Filter toolbar.
- Added the ability to customize the Overwrite cursor size and color.
- Improved the behavior of the full screen mode (The status bar is displayed during the full screen mode, and the ALT key will not display toolbars and menus anymore).
- Added the << Find button to the Replace in Files dialog box.
- Added the Except for Line at Cursor check box to the Save Details dialog box.
- Added the Always insert newlines when copying multiple selections and Keep selections while typing in multiple selections check boxes to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Font Size and Line Space item to the Height drop-down list box in the View page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Set Overwrite Cursor Size and Color check box to the View page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Lines with Multiple Selections item to the Specify Part list in the Display page of configuration properties.
- Remove Empty Lines
- Cancel Top Selection (Multiple Selection Mode)
- Cancel Bottom Selection (Multiple Selection Mode)
- Match Whole String (Filter toolbar)
New Plug-in Features
The new version allows you to call a specified snippet from macros with the following format. The separator character (in this case, ‘/’) must be used as the first character of the string.
editor.ExecutePlugin( "Snippets.dll", eePluginUserMessage, 2, "/FolderName/SnippetName" );