New in Version 22.2
January 25, 2022
New General Features
- The new version initiates a CSV detection in the beginning of opening a very large file, which allows you to view the file in a CSV mode without waiting for the entire file loaded.
- The new version may check CSV syntax in the background, which allows you to view the file without waiting for the syntax check finished. Previous versions check CSV syntax always in the foreground.
- The new version allows CSV detections work even if embedded newlines exist.
- Improved the reliability and robustness especially when dealing with very large files in low memory situations.
- The new version shows a a message box indicating a low memory situation as well as a clickable URL to explain how to increase the virtual memory if the situation happens.
- The CommitList plug-in can now call the pull, push, and fetch commands.
- Added to ability to filter history in CommitList.
- Improved crash reporting.
- Updated CSS HTML Validator Lite to v21.0.
- Improved the speeds of adjusting CSV separator positions, CSV syntax check, switching to the normal mode from a CSV mode, and various conversion and sort commands while working on a very large file.
(*1 vs *3)
|Sort A to Z||30.1 seconds||7.40 seconds||6.42 seconds||4.69 times faster|
* 1) v22.1.4 Maximum Memory Size per File: 8082 MB.
* 2) v22.2 Automatically Manage All Memory Sizes: off, Maximum Memory Size per File: 8082 MB.
* 3) v22.2 Automatically Manage All Memory Sizes: on, Maximum Memory Size per File: 262144 MB.
* All: Sort A to Z, 10 million lines, 10 GB random ASCII data. Default options except the Always Discard Lengthy Undo Information to Accelerate option on, Windows 11, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64 GB RAM, 1TB SSD.
- Added the Automatically manage all memory sizes check box to the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Pull and Push buttons and a Fetch menu item to the CommitList plug-in.
- Added the Filter History dialog to CommitList.
- Added the Always Discard Lengthy Undo Information to Accelerate box to the Progress dialog box (same as one by the same name in the Edit page of the Customize dialog box).
- Tag Links
Plug-in New Features[P]
- Added the nFlags parameter to the EE_SET_STATUSW message and Editor_SetStatusW inline function.
Macro New Features[P]
- Added the eeMacroLangV8 and eeMacroSyncOnly flags to the ExecuteMacro method of the Editor object.
- [P] EmEditor Professional only
- [PF] EmEditor Professional and EmEditor Free