New in Version 21.9
August 9, 2022
New General Features
- The new version allows you to see Git changes and staging changes easily with the updated Commit List plug-in (see Plug-in New Features).[P]
- The new version improves comparison result view for each changed lines, and dynamically updates comparison results while editing a document.[PF]
- Added the Previous Change, Next Change, Previous Changed Character, and the Next Changed Character buttons to document titles when a window is split for comparisons.[PF]
- The new version allows you to hide or unhide any CSV columns.[P]
- The new version allows you to align any CSV columns right or center.[P]
- The new version allows you to set row headings as well as column headings (Freeze Panes).[P]
- Redesigned the default Main menu, Context menu, and Ruler menu. The new version displays a new popup menu while selecting the entire document when you right-click on the top-left rectangle area of the editor view.[PF]
- The new default Main menu includes the new CSV sub menu, where most CSV related commands can be accessed. The new version displays a new popup menu when you right-click on a CSV column heading.[P]
- Changed the keyboard shortcuts for the Next Changed Character (Ctrl+F7) and Previous Changed Character (Ctrl+Shift+F7) commands.[PF]
- Adjusted scroll speed when selecting text beyond the view border. The farther you move the mouse from the editor view, the faster the scroll becomes. If you move the mouse even farther, the scroll position moves to the top/bottom (leftmost/rightmost) of the document.[PF]
- Added the Align number columns right check box to the CSV Options page of the Customize dialog box. [P]
- Hide Columns[P]
- Unhide Columns[P]
- Previous Changed Character[PF]
- Next Changed Character[PF]
- Row Heading 0[P]
- Row Heading 1[P]
- Row Heading 2[P]
- Row Heading 3[P]
- Row Heading 4[P]
- Align Left[P]
- Align Center[P]
- Align Right[P]
Plug-in New Features[P]
- The new version of the Commit List plug-in introduces the Changes sidebar where you can view the changes and staged changes.
- The new version of the Commit List plug-in opens files as read-only when the Compare with Previous command is selected, and improves the speed of File History.
- Added the EE_EXTRACT_FREQUENT message, the EXTRACT_FREQUENT_INFO structure, and the Editor_ExtractFrequent inline function.
- The new version of the Word Complete plug-in allows you to press Ctrl+Space for the Down key, and Ctrl+Shift+Space for the Up key while the candidate list is displayed.
Macro New Features[P]
- Added the ExtractFrequent method to the Selection object.
- [P] EmEditor Professional only
- [PF] EmEditor Professional and EmEditor Free