New in Version 21.0
August 10, 2021
New General Features
- Added the Layout command (multiple items), and allows you to select which UI elements to show or hide, whether to switch to the full screen mode, and whether to retain the layout next time you launch EmEditor. By default, the Full Screen (F11) and Focus Mode (Alt+F11) Screen layouts were defined.
- Added the /layout switch to the Command Line Options.
- Increased selecting, scrolling, and regular expression search speeds when a very long line exists in a file.
- The new version adds the command name as a comment to each editor.ExecuteCommandByID method when saving/editing a recorded macro.
|Replace All “[a-e]” with an empty string||5.99 seconds||0.016 seconds||349 times faster|
* 976 KB, 1 line, 1 million characters, random ASCII data, default options except Regular Expressions, 16 threads, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i9-9900K, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD.
- Added the Layouts page to the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Insert as HTML command to the Clipboard History menu.
- The new version added the Paste as HTML button to the Show Clipboard History button displayed when pasting a string if the HTML format is available in the Clipboard.
- Added the Macro text box, … button, the Set Repeat Count check box, the Run the macro against each opened document check box, the Name list box, the Add button, the Delete button, the > button, the Save and close each document after running the macro check box, and the Save options check box to the Macro Temporary Options dialog box.
- Paste as HTML
- Customize Layouts
- Main Menu
Plug-in API New Features
- Added COLUMN_DELETE, COLUMN_SELECT, and COLUMN_SELECT_NO_HEADINGS flags to the Editor_EditColumn inline function and EDIT_COLUMN_INFO structure.
Macro New Features
- Added the DeleteColumn method to the Document object.
- Added the SelectColumn method to the Selection object.