New in Version 20.4
New General Features
- Added the Notifications feature. When events like “A New Version is available“, “A CSV file was detected“, etc. occur, EmEditor display a balloon tip on the right bottom corner of the window to allow you to confirm or select an action for the notification. Even after the balloon tip disappears after several seconds, you can still click on the Notification icon (💬) on the status bar to display the Notification bar where you will find a list of the previous notifications. Clicking one of the items will bring up a dialog box to confirm or select an action for the notification.
- Improved the Update Checker behavior.
- Added an ability to set the global maximum memory size in MB, and optimized memory and thread usage when opening multiple large files simultaneously.
- Improved the speed of the Delete Duplicate Lines and Compare commands.
|Delete Duplicate Lines||51.7 seconds||21.6 seconds||2.39 times faster|
|Compare||743 seconds||1.59 seconds||467 times faster|
Delete Duplicate Lines: 10 GB, 300 million lines, random ASCII data, discard undo information.
Compare: two completely different 100 MB files, 3 million lines, random ASCII data, Quality 5 (most precise).
All: Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD.
- Added the Notification page and Update page to the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Maximum Memory Size (MB) text box to the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added Display File Names, Lines, and Matched Strings and Display File Names and Matched Strings to the Output Options drop-down list box of the Find in Files dialog box.
- Toggle Notifications
- Customize Notifications
- Customize Update
- Remove Empty Columns
- Clear All Undo/Redo History
- Find Shortest Line/Cell
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the FLAG_FIND_FILE_AND_MATCHED and FLAG_FIND_FILE_LINE_AND_MATCHED flags to the BATCH_GREP_INFO and GREP_INFO_EX structures.
Macro New Features
- Added the eeFindFileLineAndMatched and eeFindFileAndMatched flags to the FindInFiles and BatchFindInFiles methods.