New in Version 20.1
September 1, 2020
New General Features
- Added an ability to change the quotation mark associated with each CSV format. Added the Concordance load file (DAT) format to the default CSV format list.
- Sets the encoding for new files as UTF-8 without a Unicode Signature, and sets the Prefer UTF-8 option on by default for Text configurations. By default, US-ASCII files will be opened as UTF-8 without Signature.
- Enhanced command line /l and /cl options to allow negative numbers to specify the number of lines from the last line, or number of characters from the end of line.
- The new version moves a selected string in the clipboard history to the newest position in the history by default, and replaces the current Clipboard with the selected string.
- Added the Begin Filter and End Filter options to the Advanced Filter feature to allow you to set only a range of multilines as filtered lines.
- Added an ability to specify the file position in the Jump dialog box to specify the jump destination. Changing the File Position will update the Line and Column in the Jump dialog box before you confirm the jump, and vice versa.
- In 64-bit, ee128.exe, ee256.exe, and ee512.exe are now rebuilt as DLL (ee128.dll, ee256.dll, and ee512.dll). In 32-bit, ee128.dll was added to the install.
- Added EECommon.dll file to the install.
- Updated the Sum macro to be able to sum numbers in selected cells in CSV documents.
- Improved the speed of opening very large files by multi-threading.
|Open a large file (first time)||15.3 seconds||5.97 seconds||2.56 times faster|
|Open a large file (second time)||3.58 seconds||0.781 seconds||4.58 times faster|
* 2.70 GB, 200,000,000 lines, ASCII random data file. 16 threads, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD. The First time and second time mean that the first time and second time opening of the file after restarting Windows. The second time is usually faster than the first time because of the Windows cache mechanism. EmEditor does NOT leave any temporary files to increase the speed of opening files.
- Added the Bond new horizontal/vertical groups check box to the Window page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Quotation Mark text box to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Begin Filter and End Filter check boxes to the Advanced Filter dialog box.
- Added the File Position text box to the Jump dialog box.
- Added the Move recently used string to top in the Clipboard History check box to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the CI_MOVE_CLIP action to the CLIP_INFO structure.
- Added the FLAG_FILTER_BEGIN and FLAG_FILTER_END flags to the FILTER_INFO_EX structure.
- Added the EI_FILE_POS_TO_LOGICAL, EI_LOGICAL_TO_FILE_POS, EI_CELL_TO_LOGICAL, and EI_LOGICAL_TO_CELL commands to the EE_INFO message.
Macro New Features
- Added the QuotationMark property to the Csv object.
- Added the eeExFilterBegin and eeExFilterEnd flags to the Filter method of the Document object.