New in Version 17.3
December 13, 2017
New General Features
- In the CSV Cell Selection Mode, dragging a border of the selected cell(s) moves or copies the selection. When entire column(s) or line(s) are selected, dropping with the SHIFT key reorders the column(s) or line(s).
- Numbers (such as line numbers and columns) in the Status Bar are displayed as 3-digit separated numbers (depending on the Region and Language settings on Windows).
- The Onigmo version was updated to v6.1.3. Regular expression new features such as Absent Operator are available. Notes: A customer reported that regular expressions with a certain negative look behind might throw the error: “The regular expression contains a syntax error”. In this case, turning on the “Match Case” option will resolve the issue.
- Changed the font size in dialog boxes from 8 point to 9 point.
- Greatly improved the speed of editing when many cells were selected and the ENTER key was pressed.
- The behavior was adjusted when double-clicking the AutoFill handle. If the cell immediately below the selection is empty, the AutoFill action will stop at the next non-empty cell. However, if the AutoFill handle is double-clicked while the SHIFT key is pressed, and if only one row is selected, the AutoFill action will be repeated with the new value on a non-empty cell until the last row. The new version will simply copy the same value rather than serial numbers even if the current cell contains a number when only one row is selected.
- The new version allows CTRL + A to select all in the Cell toolbar.
- Restored the Enable Double-Clicking Only check box to the Link page of configuration properties.
- Added the Auto check box to the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box. If this box is checked, EmEditor automatically determines whether a temporary file should be used to open a file depending on the available memory size. When this option is enabled, EmEditor will use a temporary file if the file size to be opened is more than approximately 1/4 of the available memory. Setting this option allows EmEditor to optimize the speed both for read and write. However, if you mainly read large files and don’t edit them, disabling this option and entering a smaller number in the Minimum File Size to use Temporary File text box enables EmEditor to read large files faster.
- Added the Enable Drag and Drop to Move or Copy Cells in Cell Selection Mode check box to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box.