Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

v16.1.1

Unable to select space(s)/tab(s) by double-clicking in Normal mode now.

Drag-and-dropping between panes moves the text, doesn’t it?
    But now it’s doing copying, or even more abnormal behaviors… hard to describe…

If 2 or more Search Colors were specified in a theme,
    and if new theme items are added in the new version,
    the new items will wrongly “occupy” the Search Colors (from Search string (2) ) in the list,
    and the theme name is followed with “(modified)”, which could be confused with the user-modified ones.

When doing incremental searching, I think the history Search Colors (i.e. from Search string (2) ) should be temporarily suppressed. The colors make the view noisy.
    Also, [Prompt when End of Document is Reached] should be suppressed.

CHM correction:
    emeditor_en.chm::/macro/display_prop/index.htm
    SearchList: Retrieves the **HighlightList** object for the search color list.

Questions:
    Currently only 29 index constants for theme items (eeColorNormal, etc.) are mentioned in the CHM. (By the way, they haven’t been indexed in the CHM.)
    Will more index constants be added for other items in the future?

How to handle Markers in a macro?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LTT,

I will look into these issues. There are no macro functions available for markers.

Thanks!

LTT
    Participant

Issue 1:
    Still unable to select a single tab/space between other characters by d-clicking, even in Normal mode.
    Sample:
    >(a tab or a space)<

Issue 2:
    Don’t you think [Prompt when End of Document is Reached] should be suppressed when doing incremental searching?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LTT,

I am fixing the Issue 2.

The Issue 1 is an intentional behavior. Similar to the Select Word command (ALT + F8), EmEditor will try to select the right-side word if the cursor is at the right side of the space/tab, or select the left-side word if the cursor is at the left side of the space/tab. I believe most users would want to select a neighboring word rather than a space/tab. If you would like to select a space/tab, you can use SHIFT + RIGHT or SHIFT + LEFT when the cursor is at the left or right-side of a space/tab.

Thanks!

LTT
    Participant

Some editors are this way and others that way.

My suggestion and reason is:
    When editing some (non-standard) docs in TSV or Space-SV view, I need to edit the tab/space as a delimiter to adjust the view. Oftentimes the delimiter could be quite wide so that I have to scroll. And they are here and there. D-clicking would be more convenient.
    Though currently when necessary I can enable tab/space as a Marker and use the mouse event to select it, I still hope d-clicking can be used (always, or as an option).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

We’ve changed the behavior. On the next beta version (v17.7.91), double-clicking a single space/tab will actually select that space/tab only.
    Thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.