Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

When doing Negative filtering, I hope the status bar will show “N lines remained.”

Should be able to “Adjust Separator Positions” according to the filtered text, rather than the whole text.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

We are fixing the first issue.
    The Adjust Separator Positions (Visible Lines Only) command should adjust separator positions only on filtered text.
    Thanks,

LTT
    Participant

>The Adjust Separator Positions (Visible Lines Only) command should adjust separator positions only on filtered text.
    No, “(Visible Lines Only)” works only on visible lines, not the whole filtered text.
    I think “(Whole Document)” should do this when the view is a filtered result. Otherwise another new command has to be added.

And currently “(Visible Lines Only)” has some bug:
    Sometimes all the columns shrink to minimum (the “Default column width” setting) when using “(Visible Lines Only)” on filtered text.
    I’ll try to find the reason later if you are not able to reproduce it.

—————
    Issue 2:
    The empty EOF line should not be counted as a matched line.

—————
    Suggestion:
    Hope the status can show the current line number according to the filtered result, like: Ln (123) 999, Col 5.
    Or even better: display double columns in Line Numbers area for the filtered result.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Currently, “(Whole Document)” does the entire documents even if some lines are filtered out. I will think about adding a new command that can adjust only filtered lines in the entire document.

I can’t reproduce the bug. I would appreciate if you could let me know how to reproduce it.

As for Issue 2, I assume it is a negative filter, and I will fix it on the next beta.

As for Suggestion, if you choose “Display Coordinates” in the General page of configuration properties, you will see the line number according to the filtered result.

LTT
    Participant

> Display Coordinates
    Thanks for reminding me of this.
    I made the switches in a macro.

LTT
    Participant

See if you can reproduce it with this simplified procedure:

Default column width = 10
    CSV mode.
    Fill up the view vertically (e.g. by just duplicating the first line) till the first 2+ lines are out of the view.

Then add this line at the bottom:
    1234567890xxx,

Filter with “xxx”.

Adjust Separator Positions (Visible Lines Only).
    ** You should only see “1234567890” if the issue occurred.

LTT
    Participant

Issue 3:
    Type “x” and add some empty lines below it.
    Filter with “x”.
    ** The last 2nd empty line remained in the view.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I reproduced both issues (Adjust Visible Lines Only, and last 2nd empty line visible), and they will be fixed on the next beta (v17.7.95).
    Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.