LifeTimer
Participant

That depends on what you mean by that. :-)

What I want is to be able to tell a macro to “import the (previously exported) filter file at the following path right now, and apply this filter”.

In other words, I want to automate the action of going into the advanced filter dialog, pressing the “Import…” button, selecting a certain path, clicking “Open…” and then clicking the “Filter” button.

The reason for this is that I want to be able to create “default filters” for arbitrarily many different files in my computer, in a generic way. As soon as I open any file in my computer, my macro will find the correct filter file for this specific file (based on its path), and then immediately import and execute this filter.

The reason for not storing the entire filter inside the macro itself is that the filters need to be possible to update often and fast, and by several different users, and that creating new such default filters for new files should be as simple as exporting a filter to the corresponding path for that file, rather than recording a macro for it, and with the corresponding automation implemented in EmEditor of also the export filter operation, this will also be as simple as the press of a hotkey for my macro!

So, my goal is the have on hot-key in EmEditor for “apply the default filter for the currently open file”, and another hot-key for “save the current filter as the default filter for the currently open file”, and for this to be possible I need to be able to automate the above mentioned functionality.