LifeTimer
Participant

Sorry, I just tried now, and the problem with filtering away lines containing backslashes still isn’t fixed completely – such lines still remain in some cases. :-(

Here is a proof of concept for reproduction of the bug:
——————————————————————————

Input text file:

aaaaa
C:\some\path\some_file.exe
aaaaa
C:\some\path\some_file.exe
aaaaa

TSV export data file contents for the filter mentioned below in the instructions:

on something -1 EN 0 -1

Source code of the macro that is used (i.e. the exact same line hiding macro as above, and still executed with a shortcut key, while the entire contents of some line should be selected in the document), but please see more instructions below too though:

if(document.CellMode)
{
	document.Filter(document.selection.Text, document.selection.GetActivePointX(eePosCell), eeFindKeepPrevious | eeFindNegative);
}
else
{
	document.Filter(document.selection.Text, 0, eeFindKeepPrevious | eeFindNegative);
}

Steps for reproduction of the bug:

Open the text file, select a line containing “aaaaa” and then run my the above line hiding filter macro. All such lines are now hidden, as expected.

Close and re-open the text file, select a line containing “C:\some\path\some_file.exe” and then run the same line hiding filter macro. All such lines are now hidden also this time, as expected.

Close and re-open the text file, and then apply the filter described by the TSV filter export file above to it (nothing will happen at this point since there are no matches in the filter, as expected). Select a line containing “aaaaa” and then run my line hiding filter macro. All such lines are now hidden, as expected.

Now, close and re-open the text file, and then again apply the filter described by the TSV filter export file above to it (nothing will happen at this point since there are no matches in the filter, as expected). Now, select a line containing “C:\some\path\some_file.exe” and then run the same line hiding filter macro. All such lines NOW REMAIN, CONTRARY to what is expected, and CONTRARY to what happens in the exact same situation with the “aaaaa” lines in step 3 here above!

So, to be clear, the bug is what is described in step 4 here above, and it is of course very strange that it only happens during these particular conditions (both in regards to the previously applied filter levels AND to backslashes in the filtered data), rather than always (e.g. in the described step 1, 2, and 3 here above)?!

Please, if possible, let me know as soon as possible what your findings are in regards to this, since this is still crippling my daily work.

Thanks a lot as usual!