I’m using EmEditor Professional 6.00.4, with all the Plug-ins installed.
There appears to be a series of steps that causes EmEditor to crash, in a reproducible manner.
The steps are:
1. Open an HTML file in EmEditor.
2. Launch the WebPreview plug-in.
3. Right-click in the WebPreview pane, and choose “Properties” from the popup menu.
4. From the drop-down list displayed, change the value for the Custom Bar Position.
5. Press the OK button.
Result => EmEditor crashes.
Some further observations, after the crash:
6. Launch EmEditor again
7. Open an HTML file in EmEditor
8. Again launch the WebPreview plug-in.
Result => The WebPreview pane appears in the new position (the one chosen just before the crash).
I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can help in diagnosing the problem.
My machine’s information is:
* OS: Windows XP SP2 Professional
* Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.11.
* RAM: 512 MB
* Locale: en-US.
P.S.: I really enjoy working with EmEditor, and am looking forward to version 7. 🙂
This bug will be fixed on version 7 beta 22. Thanks!