Not a critical bug with “Vertical Selection Editing mode” when it is applied to a single line.
1. Create any file then fill it with a line of some words.
2. Move the cursor to any place at the line.
3. Toggle column selection mode.
4. Expand the selection with the right/left arrow key by any number of characters.
5. Now try to type in some character. This action just deletes the selection instead of displaying a typed character.
Vista(x64), EE 9.00alpha12(x64).
I fixed this issue. Can you please try this new build even though it is not v9? You will need to uninstall v9 first before you can install this v8.05 RC4: