Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yang Yang
    Participant

Hi,

EmEditor has been “almost perfect” to me for a long time; thanks for your marvelous work, Yutaka! Recently I switched to a high DPI laptop (ThinkPad X1 Carbon) for the daily work, and some annoying little problems appeared.

Suggestion 1: could we have customizable font size for the Find Bar? (The font name is already customizable, thanks!) On my laptop it’s too huge:

Find Bar font too large

I guess it will appear differently on other screens. I often need to look at EmEditor for hours on a daily basis, and each time I look up at the beloved Find Bar, it feels a little funny.

Suggestion 2: could we have a customizable font for dialog boxes? The painful problem on a Chinese Windows 10 is, Microsoft YaHei is used for some areas (nice!) and SimSun for the other (inherited from Tahoma?):

ugly dialog box font

Besides the imbalance, SimSun is really hard to read on a high DPI screen. This affects other programs, too. For example, Total Commander is so considerate to provide an option to customize the fonts for “major parts” of its UI:

Total Commander's font configurations

Here is a related post for the Rhino project: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-37528

These usability suggestions may be nitpicking and not as exciting as new features, but I believe they make EmEditor cozier and a step forward towards perfection. Thanks for your consideration.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please list where the wrong font (SimSun) is used in Chinese UI? I will first correct these wrongly used fonts. Please red-circle the wrong places in the screenshot, and you can email me at tech @ emurasoft if there are many.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.