Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yaot
    Participant

(1) I use the regex expression “on|off” to call the function “FindInFiles” to do the search.
    (2) In the result, all the lines in the document which contain the word “on” or “off” would be displayed and highlighted.
    This is my problem: how I can know which keyword (“on” or “off”) is highlighted in each line;
    In other words, how I can get the highlighted text in the each line.
    please help me, thank you very much

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

yaot wrote:
    (1) I use the regex expression “on|off” to call the function “FindInFiles” to do the search.
    (2) In the result, all the lines in the document which contain the word “on” or “off” would be displayed and highlighted.
    This is my problem: how I can know which keyword (“on” or “off”) is highlighted in each line;
    In other words, how I can get the highlighted text in the each line.

First increase “Search Colors” in the Display tab of configuration Properties to 2, and change “Search String (2)” to a different color.
    After you search for “on|off”, in the search results, you will need to find “on” first, and then “off” next time.

yaot
    Participant

Thank you very much for your apply;
    I am sorry that I had not made me understood by you;

I describe it again in details.
    I use the exgex expression “on|off|yes|no|…” (the sign “…” indicates that the alternative number may count up to 100) to call the function “FindInFiles”, then when the search result displays, as you know the highlighted text may differ from each line, but how can I get the highlighted text in each line through macro.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

yaot wrote:
    Thank you very much for your apply;
    I am sorry that I had not made me understood by you;

I describe it again in details.
    I use the exgex expression “on|off|yes|no|…” (the sign “…” indicates that the alternative number may count up to 100) to call the function “FindInFiles”, then when the search result displays, as you know the highlighted text may differ from each line, but how can I get the highlighted text in each line through macro.

I think the only way is to search for “on|off|yes|no|…” in the FindInFiles results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.