Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Klortho
    Participant

Right now it seems that when I click either the wrap or no-wrap button, I’m selecting the view for all the documents open in all the windows. It would be nice if this just affected the one document I’m looking at.

Klortho
    Participant

Did you see this? I think it would be a great improvement!
    ;)

chuckf

I would like to be able to select wrap/no wrap for the Output window.
    Thanks,
    chuckf

gan
    Participant

I agree this should be for the single document only and not change for all open documents as well as not change the default. With the current version of emeditor change the wrap will make it default for all future doucments as well even if emeditor is restarted until you manually change it back.
    It would have been nice with a default setting and possibility to change for a single open document only. When the document is closed and opened again then the default settings should be used and the change of wrapping should not affect other open documents.

ToadLoadin

I think for now the wrapping-style setting is stored in specific file type configration.

Which means, user can set plain text files to be wrapped by window, and some kinds of source code files to be not wrapped at the same time.

gan
    Participant

ToadLoadin wrote:
    I think for now the wrapping-style setting is stored in specific file type configration.

Which means, user can set plain text files to be wrapped by window, and some kinds of source code files to be not wrapped at the same time.

Yes you are right it’s not actually for all open files, but if you have several files of the same type open you cannot change the wrapping for one of them only. I believe that would have been a nice feature.

Klortho
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the issue. I want the wrap / no wrap to apply to a window only (actually, only to one tab). I think if I hit the wrap / no wrap button on a document I’m viewing, it shouldn’t change the display of anything else. That’s the most intuitive, IMO.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.