Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

Currently Transpose has no options. Something like this asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=123&utilities=Columns+%26+Rows would be very practical (link deliberately without http because such messages would disappear in the past).
    For example, if I have a column like this:

A
    B
    C
    And I select Transpose per 3 rows, the output would be
    1|A
    2|B
    3|C

spiros
    Participant

Correction: The example is for transpose per 2 rows

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I want to make the Transpose command as simple as possible. I didn’t want to add a dialog box to run the command. To accomplish your task, you can write or record a simple macro. Please let me know if you need more help to write/record a macro.

spiros
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! I can do it already using regex (or the Excel plugin I linked to which I would encourage you to install and test it, it could give you further ideas). My point was with a focus of improving this great piece of software.
    I can see right next to it in Pivot Table there is a number of settings. And it is strange to have a full icon for just a simple (and rare) action without any settings.

The simple functionality could be maintained without causing confusion in the user. For example, he would have to select a full column for the options to appear.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

It would have been more helpful if you could write during the beta testing phase. Once I release an official version, it is difficult to change the specs.
    You can use your regular expression replaces or write macros to do the same function.
    Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.