Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    QiaoJiao
    Participant

Is there any possibilities to jump to specific search result in a given file?

For example:
    file://C:something.txt (s:1part) — clicking here will go to C:something.txt file and jump to first “1part” search result.
    Or just (s:1part) – will jump to “1part” search result in this file.

Is it possible now? If not, it will be good in future versions. Just a kind of html’s anchors #gohere.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

No, it is not possible. I think you will need to write a macro for this purpose.

QiaoJiao
    Participant

Yutaka, thank you for replaying.

I know how implement search in macros, but is it possible to do text clickable, so that it starts macros and passed file name and string for search to it?

We can do file://C:something.txt to go here. Is it possible to add something besides “file:” and adjust it for your own needs?

For example, using regexp to make search://C:something.txt(search this), so that “C:something.txt” and “search this” passed to macros and it will go to a file and search it.

I just want to now is it possible at all, because now I can not see a way to do it by macros.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi QiaoJiao,

No, I don’t think it is possible to parse the clickable text to macros.

QiaoJiao
    Participant

I think there is a way to do it by passing parameters to emeditor.exe like

file://C:emeditoremeditor.exe–open/c:file.txt–macros/c:macros.jsee–macros_param/search_for=search\%20this&action=goto_firstresult

But I agree that this is weird and have problems.

Still, it is interesting problem to solve.
    I like connecting my text files. Links are a power.

QiaoJiao
    Participant

I Found solution!

1 Check “clicking url select whole string”

2 file://c:something.txt-s:search_this — click it

3 launch macros (binded), that will get and parse selected text. It will open new file with given path and search and goto first match for -s parameter.

Only one additional step – launch script. Not a big deal.
    Now it is all about macros possibilities, no core hacking.

But I still think it would be great if it will be possible to make regexp text clickable and bind it to macros. file: and http: works well and they are not special.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.