Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

The Auto Marker now only highlights the first 86 characters of the selection?

And the first 86 characters are still highlighted even though the rest of the selection does not match.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, but I will remove this length limit on the Auto Marker on the next minor version. All other markers will still have length limitation of 79 charcters long.

Thanks!

Meir
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

Oh, why did you downgraded this???

One of my most frequent usage of markers is to mark segments of a long string to find an identical segment in another string. This is very helpful when analyzing long seemingly meaningless strings as in a POST exchanges between an HTTP client and a server. The new limitation will seriously limit my ability because in addition I am limited to ten highlight color schema. :-(

BTW, is it 79 characters or 79 Bytes?

And further, what about my other “Marker” related requests:

* Changing marker color not applied on the Markers toolbar

* Splitting the single-button highlight marker now assigned to the “Find-next” into two buttons, an upper one with a triangle pointing up and a lower one with an inverted triangle pointing down. Then, the upper half should be assigned to the “Find previous” whereas the lower one will remain as the “find-next”.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello mguttman,

A limitation was necessary to keep EmEditor run faster. I am changing the limit to 10,000 characters long (this is the same as the Find string in the Find dialog). This applies to both the Auto-marker and normal markers in the list.

I read your other requests, but these are a little difficult to address. I might consider these in future versions.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.