Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pls

By the way, i work with Andothar who previously posted a bug report. This is a continuation of his problem.

I’ve updated to EmEdit 6, downloaded the latest Autocomplete source (2006-12-5), compiled it, and installed the plugin I compiled. I no longer have the assert failure, but it still doesn’t work.

From looking at the Autocomplete source, I guesses that the plugin wasn’t being activated. So I added traces to OnEvents and QueryConfig. I learned the hard way about ignoring events where nEvent == 0x200000, so those aren’t traced.

There is a configuration called PCI defined and associated with .txt files. The Text configuration still has the .txt extension listed, but it isn’t checked.

The steps being done are:
    1. Set up custom config
    2. installed autocomplete
    3. imported custom .eac file
    4. assigned a key to the autocomplete
    5. exited emeditor
    6. run emeditor
    7. load file with custom config association
    8. type word that should trigger the autocomplete eac
    9. nothing happens.

Here is the trace starting at step 6, sorry for the long lines:

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 10000, Config ‘Text’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 1, bSameConfig

[5744] EmEdit: check config, have ‘Text’ want ‘PCI’

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 2000, Config ‘Text’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 1000, Config ‘Text’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 2000, Config ‘Text’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 8000, Config ‘PCI’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 1000, Config ‘PCI’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 2000, Config ‘PCI’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

[5744] EmEdit: OnEvents, nEvent 1000, Config ‘PCI’, bTip 1, bUseConfig 1, bConfigChanged 0, bSameConfig 0

What is conspicuous to me is that although EmEdit changed configurations when the file was loaded, the plugin never received an EVENT_CONFIG_CHANGED. Therefore, the plugin never checked if the new configuration was one that should activate it.

So, now what?

Thanks,
    ++PLS

pls

Well, I have a version of the autocomplete plugin that check configurations correctly. It looks for the EVENT_FILE_OPENED and EVENT_DOC_SEL_CHANGED events and then calls QueryConfig.

This isn’t the correct fix, though, it’s a crude hack. The right way to fix this is to have the editor send the EVENT_CONFIG_CHANGED notification as it is advertised to do.

++PLS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.