Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MattG
    Participant

Hi!

Is it possible to have File-Backups depending on Projects?
    E.g I have Project “Fubar” with files like r:projectsFubarsrcfoo.lua and I would like to have my Backup-Files for that in r:projectsFubarbakfoo.lua.bak

On an other project “Kerfuffle” I’ll have a layout r:projectskerfufflesrcblabber.lua and with expected backup-files in r:projectskerfufflebakblabber.lua.bak

I found only a “Backup” in the Configuration-Dialog, but that seems to be for all Files concertning that Type, oder is it possible to have some Wildcards in the “Backup Folder”, didnt found that.

Sure I could use my svn and check my files always in, but at my point of view that is not necessary.

cheers
    Matthias

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for using EmEditor!

I might consider more sophisticated backup settings in future versions. Thank you!

MattG
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for your fast reply, would be great to see something like that in a future release.

Another question, would it be possible to “selfmodify” the configuration?
    I mean, if I remember right, sorry still a newbie with emeditor, I save my macros with my project, or my “solution”, still not quite familiar with that dependencies and naming.
    So I could write a macro which sets a new BackupDirectory for every “project” I have and fire it up if I load that project, modify my settings and would have a little bit tricky workaround.

Fiction or would that be a possible way, hehehe didnt say that would simple ;-) ?

cheers
    Matthias

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can write a macro to change backup settings.

This is just an example how you write that macro:

cfg = document.Config;
    cfg.Backup.SaveToFolder = true;
    cfg.Backup.Folder = "C:BackupFolder";
    cfg.Save();

Please let me know if you have further questions.
    Thanks!

MattG
    Participant

Hi!

Simply Perfect…

thanks a lot
    Matthias

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.