Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

Currently, when importing find/replace files with multiple items, say 100,000, it takes a lot of time to load and it may become unresponsive. I suspect this may be partly due to the fact that each item gets a check box to include or not in the batch job. For imports with over a certain number of items, say 1,000, having the check box is quite unnecessary as no one would scroll through all these items to enable or disable.

Also, when the job is done, removing those entries, also takes a lot of time.

So, I recommend automatically disabling the include/exclude option over a certain amount of items imported, so as to speed up the import and make all relevant operations faster and smoother. Does that make sense?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This is due to the Windows design, and I’ve already tried improving this speed, but I won’t be able to optimize it furthermore. Instead, please create a link by dragging and drop a linked file to the batch list, or clicking “Add to Batch” button and then selecting “Add a Linked File“.

See our videos to find how to create a link.
    How to search (filter) a large text file for many (millions of) strings
    How to replace many (millions of) strings in a large text file

spiros
    Participant

Got it. Yes, now it does not have these issues. However, one has to adapt the file from the 4 column format (.tsv used in batch import) to a 2 column format and then select with right click on the linked file whether Match whole word or/and Mach case apply.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.