Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wizzlepig
    Participant

Hello,

I am using emeditor via a batch file to edit various script-generated files, such as:

“C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile02.txt” /rw “ABC”
    “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile03.txt” /rw “DEF”
    “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile04.txt” /rw “GHI”

When I save the commands above as a .bat file and run them, they often run too quickly, and emeditor fails to complete all find and replace actions within the files specified.

Is there a better way to do this? I have been slowing down the flow with

ping http://www.yahoo.com -n 2

But that doesn’t seem like the best idea.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Will

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wizzlepig wrote:
    Hello,

I am using emeditor via a batch file to edit various script-generated files, such as:

“C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile02.txt” /rw “ABC”
    “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile03.txt” /rw “DEF”
    “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /fi “XYZ” “C:scriptsfile04.txt” /rw “GHI”

When I save the commands above as a .bat file and run them, they often run too quickly, and emeditor fails to complete all find and replace actions within the files specified.

Is there a better way to do this? I have been slowing down the flow with

ping http://www.yahoo.com -n 2

But that doesn’t seem like the best idea.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Will

I am not sure what the issue is. However, please consider using macros to do searches and replaces. Macros are much better and more reliable than using batch files.

wizzlepig
    Participant

Oh, ok, I will try that.

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.