Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5550

    lovebeta
    Member

    I recently dealt with some poorly generated XHTML files. The generating script forgot to insert any return, so the resulting files were only one row but with 1~5 million columns.

    EmEditor bacame very slow when I tried to sort the file out, both in navigation and search and replace. I used the latest Emeditor 7.0.3.

    In the end, I had to use Notepad++ to edit them. Everything worked fine in Notepad++ regarding these pathetic files. But I still like EmEditor better. So please look at this issue and see if you can replicate it! Thanks! 😡

    #5554

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    lovebeta wrote:
    I recently dealt with some poorly generated XHTML files. The generating script forgot to insert any return, so the resulting files were only one row but with 1~5 million columns.

    EmEditor bacame very slow when I tried to sort the file out, both in navigation and search and replace. I used the latest Emeditor 7.0.3.

    In the end, I had to use Notepad++ to edit them. Everything worked fine in Notepad++ regarding these pathetic files. But I still like EmEditor better. So please look at this issue and see if you can replicate it! Thanks! 😡

    Please email me that sample file after zipped to tech@emurasoft.com if you really need that optimization. Each file has a different factor that slows the overall speed, so it is important to reproduce your situation here. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone