Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Garret Wilson
    Participant

I’m running v. 7.00 on a 1600×1200 monitor in Courier New 8pt font, wrapping by window (Ctrl+3). I enter the following text:

“asdkf kljashf lkjsahf lkjsahf lkjashf lkjsdahf lkjsdahf lkjsdaf lkjsadf lkjsadhf lkjsahf lkjsaf lkjsadhf lkjsadhf lkjsadhf lkjsdhflkjsdhfljsdhfskadjfh lsdakjhf lskjdhf lksjdahf lksadjhf lksajdhf lksjadhf lksjadhf kljsadhf lkjsdahflkjsdahf lksdjahf lkjsdahf lkjsadhf kljsdf”

At this resolution and font, the one logical line wraps to show “kljsdf” on the second physical line. I position the cursor after the last character in “kljsdf”, and press “Home”. The cursor appears at the end of the first physical line, after “lkjsadhf “. (Expected: the cursor should appear at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”.)

With the cursor still at the end of the first physical line, I press the up arrow key. The cursor now appears at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”. (Expected: the cursor should not have moved. Even if the cursor had been where it should have been, at the beginning of the second physical line, it should have went to the beginning of the first physical line.)

With the cursor at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”, I press the up arrow again. The cursor does not move. (Expected: the cursor should move up to the beginning of the first physical line.)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

garret wrote:
    I’m running v. 7.00 on a 1600×1200 monitor in Courier New 8pt font, wrapping by window (Ctrl+3). I enter the following text:

“asdkf kljashf lkjsahf lkjsahf lkjashf lkjsdahf lkjsdahf lkjsdaf lkjsadf lkjsadhf lkjsahf lkjsaf lkjsadhf lkjsadhf lkjsadhf lkjsdhflkjsdhfljsdhfskadjfh lsdakjhf lskjdhf lksjdahf lksadjhf lksajdhf lksjadhf lksjadhf kljsadhf lkjsdahflkjsdahf lksdjahf lkjsdahf lkjsadhf kljsdf”

At this resolution and font, the one logical line wraps to show “kljsdf” on the second physical line. I position the cursor after the last character in “kljsdf”, and press “Home”. The cursor appears at the end of the first physical line, after “lkjsadhf “. (Expected: the cursor should appear at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”.)

With the cursor still at the end of the first physical line, I press the up arrow key. The cursor now appears at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”. (Expected: the cursor should not have moved. Even if the cursor had been where it should have been, at the beginning of the second physical line, it should have went to the beginning of the first physical line.)

With the cursor at the beginning of the second physical line, before “kljsdf”, I press the up arrow again. The cursor does not move. (Expected: the cursor should move up to the beginning of the first physical line.)

I already realize this issue, and have already fixed that in my code. Thanks!

Garret Wilson
    Participant

Do you have a roadmap for bug fix releases? Thanks.

P.S. For the sake of accuracy: in my original post I should have said that the screen resolution is 1920×1200.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I might upload the beta version of the next minor version soon (possibly in January 2008). Please test the beta version (or RC version) before I release the final version. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This bug has been fixed on 7.00.1 RC 1.
    Thanks!

Garret Wilson
    Participant

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

But I would expect the Help|About dialog to indicate the RC1 release—what if I forget what version I’m using and want to check the About box?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

garret wrote:
    That seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

But I would expect the Help|About dialog to indicate the RC1 release—what if I forget what version I’m using and want to check the About box?

I forgot to check the About dialog box version number. I am sorry for confusion. Just make sure the timestamp of emeditor.exe is updated. It will be fixed on the next release.

Atomhrt

I believe that this bug still exists, but may be a Outline plugin issue. When you are editing a cmd file with the Outline plugin running and there is a line with a long line that wraps like this:
    echo =========================================================================

If you up arrow from below the line, the cursor will stop at the first “=” character and not let you move the cursor above the line.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Atomhrt wrote:
    I believe that this bug still exists, but may be a Outline plugin issue. When you are editing a cmd file with the Outline plugin running and there is a line with a long line that wraps like this:
    echo =========================================================================

If you up arrow from below the line, the cursor will stop at the first “=” character and not let you move the cursor above the line.

This should be fixed on 7.00.1 RCx. Which version of EmEditor are you using?

Atomhrt

Ok, I was using 7.00. I just downloaded 7.00.1 RC6 and, your right, it looks like it’s fixed. Thanks much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.